Completely self-centred things of note and some random thoughts. Just mostly so I post and this thing doesn't die… yet. :-)
- I've lost about 20-25 lbs over the last several months. Nothing earth-shattering, but I feel better. Both in terms of self image and in terms of… well, feeling better. This is has been a result mostly of eating less crap, slightly more protein, and slightly fewer carbohydrates. Also walking. We have a dog. I like him. He likes walks.
- More recently I bought a set of decent dumbbells and surprisingly I've actually been using them. The day or two after I started was painful, but it's been pretty good since. I can see how people grow to enjoy it. Again, I feel better. Goblet squats. Look them up. I hate them, but they work.
- It helps to have a girlfriend who is also trying to eat better etc. No one is pushing or prodding for the other to change. We're just both doing it because we think we need to. No judgement etc. I love this woman.
- In terms of current events, it's still baffling to me that my southern neighbours, both Republican and Democrat don't just throw their dumpster fire of a president out of office. Mystifying. Truly.
- With all the sexual harassment allegations and firings going on lately I just have to say I think a purge of these types is good and apparently long overdue. I'm definitely guilty of ignorance when it comes to this. Naively I assume that people know how to behave in the workplace. I stand corrected.
- I'm enjoying Firefox 57. It's actually replaced Chrome as my default on both my work machine and personal laptop. We'll see how it goes, but so far so good. Nice to see some viable competition in browsers.
- I've been using Vim (specifically GVim) exclusively for text editing lately. I like it and it works well. It can be a tough nut to crack, but repeated and consistent use is sure helping. Plus it makes me feel smarter when I use it. Seriously. Maybe.
- I'm reading The Elements of Eloquence right now. I have to google definitions every 2 pages since I'm apparently an uneducated idiot, but it's an interesting, enlightening and funny read.
Well that was easier than I thought. I gotta keep at this writing thing more.